Friday, February 7, 2014

View Log: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Promo #1

I know I’m a little bit late to the party for what I’m going to be bringing up, but I prefer to think of myself as early to the party for the stuff that hasn’t happened yet!

I finally saw the 2-minute promo for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I’m quite impressed. From the little bits and pieces I can gather, the team will have problems at first, but need to find a way to work together. (Uh oh, Artsy Core.) But I’m more interested in the things that they hint at beyond the team forming.
  • There’s a superstrong black man running around saving people. Is this Luke Cage?
  • One of the team members is recruited after she’s detained for acting out against S.H.I.E.L.D.… will we be seeing a resurgence of HYDRA? Coulson did say that the fight went global….
On a more technical note, the effects look really good, and thank Odin for that, because people are going to be comparing the effects to the films, no doubt. Really, I’d love to speculate on the plot and events more, but this is Joss Whedon. Here’s the relevant part of the scale of predictability in writing:
(10= never predictable, 0=same story every time)

Joss Whedon- 8; You might see the twist coming, but it's handled well.
Steven Moffatt- 9; You know that it's all building up to a twist, but who knows how it'll happen.
Grant Morrison- 10; Pure mindscrew.

I don’t think anyone can put together what’s going to happen for the show at this moment (unless they pirated it already, or something). But waiting for the plot twists is going to be half the fun! Whedon’s twists are always shocking. Even when you see them coming, you didn’t see it happening like that.
September 24. 
Can’t wait.

(Originally posted 9/2/13)

2 comments:

  1. Me: OMIGOSH LUKE CAGE

    AoS: LOL NOPE

    Me: Aww...

    (10+ episodes later)

    AoS: BECAUSE HE'S DEATHLOK!

    Me: *explodes*

    - That One Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, spoilers, now.
      ...except I totally already knew that.
      And so did everyone who will ever read this post.

      Still, Whedon's claims that they originally had a white guy in mind for this very Luke Cage-ish role make sense now.

      Delete