Monday, July 22, 2013

Sketchbook: Random Assortment

Those of you who read this and don't know me personally (both of you) might not know this, but since I was a kid, I always wanted to draw comic books.  Still do.
I like to keep my skills sharp by sketching every day.  Then again, artists all tend to be like that.
Without further ado, I'd like to present a random assortment of quick sketches that I did a while back.

Clockwise from top: Superman(Red Son), Black Terror(Tom Strong), Tom Strong, Wonder Woman, Mandarin(Iron Man 3)
A few random thoughts to go along with these sketches:
Superman: Always did like the hammer & sickle shield.
Black Terror: I think one of these days, I'll write a Black Terror story.  He is in the public domain, after all.  (As long as I don't use anything established by Alan Moore, that is.)
Tom Strong: I should really pick up Tom Strong's Terrific Tales Vol. 2, one of these days.
Wonder Woman: Would it kill artists to draw her looking at least vaguely Greek?  Or give her a skirt?
Mandarin: I need to get Iron Man 3 on DVD when it's available. Loved that movie.

(Yeah, that last statement wasn't controversial at all.  And Uncle Ben just went to buy some cigarettes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment