Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Red Rover"

Well, at this point, everybody's had a special episode. Except for She-Hulk. But who cares about her, amirite? Okay, I'm done harping on her character for now. I'll save the rest of that rant for when I get to "Galactus Goes Green."

This episode was primarily a character study for Red Hulk. And it's a far sight better than his last one. This episode is, at its core, a buddy comedy featuring a monster and a dinosaur. And that's what makes it work. Clancy Brown as Red Hulk steals the show with good lines and great delivery.

What else can I say? I've already mentioned my problems with Devil Dinosaur acting like a dog, but other than that, this was a solid episode.

Who's a puppy? Not you.
It wasn't anything super-special, but that's miles above what episodes like "All About the Ego" give us. If we keep getting episodes like this, then Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. will be remembered as a mediocre show, overshadowed by past successes like Avengers: EMH. But if episodes keep getting better? I might be tempted to call this series good.

We're not quite there, yet, though.
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment