Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. "Savage Land"

First of all, this episode fails at all kinds of science, but I’ve already said that.
Character traits (like Hulk’s overprotection of Rick) only appear in this episode, and disappear by the end.

Speaking of character traits, Red Hulk’s love of violence and smashing seems odd to me. When he was General Ross, he hated the Hulk precisely for behaving in the same way. Why isn’t this hypocrisy addressed? Oh, because that would be interesting.

Speaking of not being interesting, this episode is one big heap of nothing. I could actually say things about the previous episodes because of how bad they were. In a way, I could have fun mocking them. This episode was improved enough that it wasn’t bad enough to mock, but not good enough to praise. All I could do was tell you what was happening, and maybe make the obvious Lord of the Rings joke.

In a way, this episode is a wasted opportunity. They fail to make laser-cannon pterodactyls interesting. I don’t even know how you go about making something like that boring, but there you go.

I’m sorry. I truly am. I try to bring you something to laugh at, but I can’t do that when there’s nothing to make fun of. All I can say about this episode is that it fails at dinosaurs and volcanoes, and it’s boring. Maybe that was the point? The writers were making a stealthy pun by taking an episode where a giant drill is boring into the Earth and making it boring? I just… I don’t know.

Hopefully, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. will either get much better, or much worse. Either result gives me more comedic opportunities.
See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment