Sunday, February 1, 2015

Site News: February, 2015

Happy February, everyone!

First of all, you may have noticed a bit of construction around here. While archiving some old posts, I've discovered the need for a few more archive pages. So I made some.

Second of all, as is usual for this time of year, love is in the air. Mainly because every single store is shoving their Valentine's Day sales and specials down your throat. So in the forced spirit of the season, in the two weeks leading up until Valentine's Day, I'll be taking a look at everyone's favorite crazy clown, The Joker's girlfriend, Harley Quinn.

I have imaginatively named this month: Harley Quinn Month. Truly, I am a master wordsmith.
I'll be covering the three big B:TAS episodes that take a look at our Miss Quinn's relationship with her Puddin' as well as one episode from The Batman.

"But Newt!" I hear my hypothetical audience say in unison. "We've already had a week of Superman: The Animated Series and a week of recapping Steel. Isn't it time to do some Marvel Recaps again?"

And these people have a point. I can only imagine that my continued lack of Marvel Recaps as well as my continued praise for Superman: TAS is why the Marvel Legion unfollowed me on Twitter. So I've got a few Marvel Recaps and Reviews lined up, and I'll be returning to some semblance of normal operations after Valentine's Day.

On a less-than-happy-but-not-exactly-unhappy note, Character Studies have been postponed for the foreseeable future. After DC and Marvel suddenly deciding to go mess with their continuity again through Convergence and Secret Wars, respectively, I've finally realized exactly how Sisyphean the task of compiling a character's history into a neat little post is.

Having said that, Character Studies will return, but with less of a focus on a character's history and more of a focus on a character's unique and identifiable traits, physically, mentally, etc.

As always, the schedule's to the upper right, posts go up at 8 am, and water is wet.

See you tomorrow for a Recap of Batman: TAS's "Harley and Ivy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment