Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 2014: Theme Week Announcement

Welcome to a NewtCave theme week!

While it may not be as topical as it would have been at the beginning of August (when I originally had it scheduled), I still think this will be something y'all will enjoy.

Marvel will never miss an opportunity to cross-promote. Whether it be putting teasers for the next film after the credits of the previous one, namedropping Stephen Strange in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, or what have you, Marvel has been shamelessly self-promoting since the days of Stan Lee himself.

And I'll be doggoned if Johnny Storm doesn't remind me of Captain America!
As such, I'm going to be taking a look at the journey of the Guardians of the Galaxy through Marvel animation. Seems appropriate, what with the announcement of their own upcoming animated series.

Not sure whether to be excited or terrified, what with Marvel's new animation track record....
I'll see you back here tomorrow when we look at their debut in Avengers: EMH's "Michael Korvac."

1 comment:

  1. Johnny looks terrified in the first pic, must be and Agents of S.M.A.S.H comic

    ReplyDelete